2002 Aprilia Caponord

SecondLiar

2002 Aprilia Caponord - 16xx original miles.  Yes, one thousand six hundred. Not sixteen thousand. My son bought it from his neighbor who got it from his buddy at work - the original owner.   I bought it to ride (keep up) with my son who went from a KLR650 to a Triumph Tiger.  In the meantime I had knee and shoulder surgery is coming and I've decided that this bike is too big and heavy for my bad knee and shoulder. 

There are a few scuffs on the tank and shrouds.  Reportedly, my son's neighbor dropped it at a standstill in his driveway.  There are a couple of dime-sized abrasions on some edges of the shrouds that agree with this story.  Otherwise the bike looks like it's had about 1600 miles of wear.

New oil, filter, battery, plugs, and I had the injectors cleaned this month.  Runs good and is smooth and fast. Handles great. 

Licensed, titled, and insured in my name.

Mileage will go up slightly as it get ridden.

412cb3b1-6a8a-41ca-a620-d5ab9b4b8f27_zps

Edited by SecondLiar

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Evidently, this Caponord is worth about what a 15 year old KLR650 is worth. With that in mind, I'm going to keep and ride it. A longer side stand will make it easier to pick up and help with the knee issues and maybe I'll rip off the fairing and lose some of that weight high up. 

• 1 year later...