Charity Benefit for Brian Kinney @ Quaker Steak & Lube 10/25/09

Bkizz

Hey guys, it's Brian saying what's up. Some of you may know me from bike nights and rides...some of you may not. On September 4th, I jumped on my Ninja after work and was heading home. Someone pulled out in front of me and I veered to the right. I got caught up against the curb and as I slid against it, the road curved and the bike tipped over to the right. Unfortunately for me, there was a tree in my way. The top of my helmet made direct impact with the tree and it broke my spine and severed my spinal cord. This has left me paralyzed from the mid-chest down.

Since the accident, I have been working my ass off on getting better and learning the new ways to live through rehab here at Dodd Hall. Many of you guys have come to visit me throughout this shitty month and I can't thank you enough for the support! My family has also been a huge crutch for me to fall on. Of course I have been feeling the pinch from insurance flaking out on many of my expenses and I have been panicing on how to pay some of these upcoming bills.

So here's the deal: My family and friends are all f-ing awesome and they set up this Charity Benefit for me at Quaker Steak & Lube on Sunday, October 25th from 3:00pm - 7:00pm. It is actually a Charity/Auction/Raffle and there will be many door prizes and tons of stuff to bid on and buy raffle tickets for.

I don't mean to plug my own benefit here but it really is for a good cause. Even if you don't choose to donate, bid, or buy raffle tickets it would still be great to get a good turnout. Even though I can't ride anymore, doesn't mean I don't still love seeing bikes! If Ohio Riders would want to become a sponser, that would be awesome. :)

Here is the flyer my family made and it's going around:

Charity Benefit for Brian Kinney!

Sunday - October 25th, 2009

at Quaker Steak & Lube - Polaris

3:00pm-7:00pm

image002.jpg

On Friday, September the 4th of 2009 Brian was involved in a motorcycle accident leaving him paralyzed from the chest down. He has the use of his arms but will be in a wheelchair. Though we are blessed Brian is still with us, his life has changed forever. The medical expenses and equipment Brian will need is very expensive. ( Special bed, wheelchair, wheelchair accessible housing, transportation etc.) Brian has been independent at only 25 years old. He has managed to complete all but one quarter of school to get his degree, work for a law firm, purchase his own condo, car and motorcycle. Brian is the person who would always lend a hand to someone without asking for anything in return. Now Brian is asking for help. Any help would be greatly appreciated by his family and friends. Please join us for food, auctions, donations and entertainment!

Thank you to the following Sponsors who have made this event happen!

Sign way Graphics

Quaker Steak and Lube

AD Farrow North Star Harley Davidson

Icebreakers Entertainment

NBAA-BASS

Hilton Polaris

Marcus Cinemas

Rude Dog Bar & Grille

Your Tax Deductible donations may also be made to:

The Brian Kinney Foundation

PO Box 648

Dublin, OH 43017

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there, If you could somehow get me a copy of the flyer I will end them out about a week before on top of the pizza boxes from my pizza shop. I only need 1 copy and I will have my printer run me some off.

You can email it to me at grandmaspizza2@yahoo.com.And if you need some door prize I can help you out there to. I.E a couple of free pizzas or subs just let me know.

Thanks to everyone who has replied! I am excited for this event and it should go really well. Man, I just met with the wheelchair distributor and these things are f-ing EXPENSIVE!! Not to mention my insurance company is being gay and they will only cover a very basic chair but won't let me cover the difference if I want to upgrade. Basically, my chair will be out of pocket and since I plan to be independent, the chair they want to put me in is over $3,500. OUCH!

I will be there, If you could somehow get me a copy of the flyer I will end them out about a week before on top of the pizza boxes from my pizza shop. I only need 1 copy and I will have my printer run me some off.

You can email it to me at grandmaspizza2@yahoo.com.And if you need some door prize I can help you out there to. I.E a couple of free pizzas or subs just let me know.

Thanks man! I will e-mail you the flyer. I can also add you to the sponsor's list if you are donating door prizes. Let me know. :)

Thanks to everyone who has replied! I am excited for this event and it should go really well. Man, I just met with the wheelchair distributor and these things are f-ing EXPENSIVE!! Not to mention my insurance company is being gay and they will only cover a very basic chair but won't let me cover the difference if I want to upgrade. Basically, my chair will be out of pocket and since I plan to be independent, the chair they want to put me in is over $3,500. OUCH!

Thanks man! I will e-mail you the flyer. I can also add you to the sponsor's list if you are donating door prizes. Let me know. :)

Can you send me the flier too. I will give it to some of the hospital people. Do you have some in your room?

I stopped in at Quaker last night for some dinner saw they had the flyers up near the register. I remember riding with you on one of the Coshocton rides where we got popsicles. :) I'm gonna try and make it to the benefit.

HAHA, yep that Coshocton ride was interesting. I didn't expect that dude to bust out a HUGE bag of push up popsicles. It was a good time though...really bums me out that I can't ride it anymore. Here's a pic:

017.jpg

100_0317b.jpg

PS: We are "tweaking" the flyer a little because we have added more sponsers.